Analytical Development Scientist
AntriaBio is a biopharmaceutical company that develops novel extended release therapies by combining proprietary formulation and manufacturing capabilities with well-known molecules to significantly improve standards of care. AntriaBio's lead product candidate is AB101, an injectable once-weekly basal insulin for type 1 and type 2 diabetes that addresses a $11 billion market where the current standard of care is a once-daily basal insulin injection.
Summary: Candidate will be responsible for analytical method development activities associated with sterile injectable drug products. Individual should have extensive experience in the use of numerous analytical tools such as HPLC, SEC, GC, Karl Fischer, particle analysis, and dissolution.
- Responsible for analytical test methods development.
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret outcome of experiments and to propose appropriate follow-up experiments.
- Communicates own work effectively orally and in writing. Contributes and/or prepares protocols, testing procedures, and technical reports.
- Thoroughly and accurately documents experimental activities in laboratory notebooks
- Work with formulation team to develop analytical methods for new products and transfer the developed methods to the quality control group.
- Ability to use creative solutions to improve methods.
- Ability to follow procedures clearly and concisely.
- Experience with injectable controlled release products and/or dissolution testing of controlled release injectable products a plus.
Experience and Required Skills:
- Experience in hands on analytical methods development in a pharmaceutical environment.
- Extensive experience with HPLC and GC instrumentation and software.
- Experience with proteins and peptides. Experience with PEGylated macromolecules a plus.
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced work environment, possess good time management skills, and exhibit personal responsibility.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and implement creative solutions.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to work independently with as well as cooperatively on a team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize work.
- Ability to work overtime or shift work as required.
- BS degree in a scientific discipline (chemistry preferred), MS, PhD a plus, with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.